Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hey Paisanos!


Greetings!

Welcome to Another Castle 64!  I have been contemplating creating a blog for a long time now, and I finally bit the bullet, so to speak.

So who am I and what is this blog about?  My name is Michael Pianta.  I'm what you might call a creative type.  I'm a painter, a musician, a hobbyist game developer, a would be film maker (emphasis on the "would be" - as in I would be if I had the time and money).  I've started a million projects all over the spectrum and through it all it has emerged that my two main passions are painting and games.  Painting is an ancient, noble, traditional art form.  When I paint, I feel connected to a larger continuity of human activity.  On the other hand, video games are the most contemporary thing I can imagine.  They are intrinsically post modern and defy easy classification.  Entertainment?  Definitely.  Disposable?  Sometimes.  Important?  Often.  Art?  Apparently so.

For this blog who knows where I'll take it?  I'll talk about games of course.  I'll probably talk about art, music, movies - and I'm sure I'll be sharing some of my own creations as well (in fact, I have something in particular I plan to finally share with the world soon).  Not blandly limited to one boring topic is this blog - NO SIR!  I'm excited!  Are you excited?  You should be!

I hope to present whoever finds their way here with interesting, cool, even humorous things, and there's no time like the present, so let's get started shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment